To provide participants with the skills, knowledge and ability to enable them to work in accordance to legislative requirements. The course is designed to raise awareness of fire hazards within the workplace and to provide participants with the knowledge to protect themselves both inside and outside the workplace. The course will help the participant to understand the chemistry of fire and the difference between the various class of fire and fire extinguisher. The participant will be able to identify potential fire risks within their work environment and understand the requirement for emergency procedures and the action to be taken in an emergency. By the end of the course, the participant will be able to use fire extinguishers on all classes of fire and conduct emergency evacuation drills.
Who should apply
This Fire Safety and Extinguisher Training Course is designed for all persons especially those with responsibility for Health and Safety in the workplace.
Maximum number of Participants: 12
The course will provide the learner with the skills, knowledge and ability to enable them to evacuate the workplace, in accordance with legislative requirements and best practices.
- Fire Safety legislation
- Physics and Chemistry of Fire
- Causes of Fire / Identify fire hazards in the workplace
- Fire Prevention Measures
- Evacuation Procedures
- Introduction to Extinguishers and the selection of the appropriate extinguisher
- Practical use of Fire Extinguishers outdoors using various “hand-held Extinguishers” and blankets on various categories of real fires
- Continuous assessment during theory and practical sessions
- Course Summary
On successful completion candidates will receive a Flood Fire & Medical certificate
Price on application