Who should attend?
This is a one-day course specifically designed to teaching life saving skills with relation to children. This course is ideal for both parents and also professional childcare facilities to prepare staff for emergency situations. The course has a major emphasis on dealing with accidents that happen to children from newborn to eight years of age. This unique course will give you the skills to deal with all first aid and medical emergencies that occur with this age group.
What you will learn?
- The course covers how to deal with accidents and emergencies involving children:
- Course content
- First aid kit.
- Action planning and incident reporting.
- Treatment of an unconscious casualty.
- Resuscitation in adults, babies and children.
- Recognising and treating shock in adults, babies and children.
- Anaphylaxis and practice with an auto injector.
- Asthma and diabetic emergencies.
- Head injuries.
- Bleeding, grazes, embedded objects, amputated parts, knocked out teeth, mouth injury, eye injury, bruising, nose bleeds, objects in eyes, ears, nose…
- Burns and scalds.
- The child’s response to extreme heat and cold.
- Febrile convulsions.
- Sprains, strains and fractures.
- Poisoning, bites and stings.
- Foreign objects.
- Childhood conditions (e.g. septicemia, meningitis, croup).
1 Day Small Groups
Courses for larger groups may need to run over 2 days
Assessment and certification
Continuous individual assessment by trainer and scenarios to practice skills.
Upon successful completion of the course participants are presented with a Paediatric First Aid Certificate which is valid for two years.
Email us : email@example.com
Call Pat on : 087 6766687